This “Revolution in South Asia” (RevSA) site will be developed, as rapidly as possible, as an extensive, lively and interesting resource of information around the Maoist revolutions of South Asia — including breaking news, documents, analysis, and key controversies.
Please joining us in making this happen. Contact us if you are willing to join in this effort, and if you have materials that should be posted on this emerging RevSA site.
This work has a special urgency — here and now — because of the rapidly unfolding events in Nepal, because of the role of the U.S. in orchestrating counterrevolution there, and because of the intolerable silence here in the U.S. surrounding the South Asian Maoists.
In a world where communism has been declared dead and buried — these living movements of millions, under Maoist banners, give the very question of communist revolution an exhilarating “dignity of immediate actuality” — in a way that can help awaken many more people to the possibility of real, revolutionary, liberating change.
Join us in this internationalist informational effort!
There are many ways you can help this effort around RevsA:
- Promote this new website — link to it from your own site,s email the url to interested people, post this announcement on relevant discussion boards/lists. All people interested in radical change need to know about these important revolutionary movements.
- Use this site to raise your own understanding of the issues and controversies surrounding of these Maoist “New Democratic” revolutions.
- Help us uncover substantive materials to post here. The RevsA site will not be limited to cheerleading: We will post critical articles and the charges of the revolution’s enemies. We want explore the differences and debates developing among the revolutionaries — as they face difficult choices and dare to propose unexpected solutions. we hope to provide readers with an many-sided sense of these living conflicts. Please email us if you know of material we should post,
- Make your own comments on the materials and controversies posted on RevSA.
- Get in touch right away if you are interested in helping in an ongoing way. We need to be developing posters, flyers, teach-in materials, study guides and other online materials. We are planning public event at campuses. And we need help moderating and maintaining the new site.
Events are moving quickly in Nepal, in unpredictable ways. There are several armed forces in the field, and the broad Nepali populations is mobilized to transform Nepali society — with very high expectations. The future is unwritten.
The possibility of deepening revolutionary crisis and the danger of counterrevolutionary action all demand that we act quickly and boldly.