Nepal: Maoist Leaders Demand India Return Occupied Land
Posted by Ka Frank on January 12, 2010
This article was published on Telegraph Nepal on January 11, 2010.
Fight for National Independ-ence has begun: Nepal Maoists leaders
Our fight is not against India, we are fighting for our national independence.
- We will continue our struggle until India returns our occupied lands with dignity and honor
- We do not want an inch extra from India, however, we will not let India occupy even an inch of our land
- British Colonial mindset is still prevalent in Indian leadership
- We demand scrapping of all unequal treaties with India
- We have been cheated in Gandak, Koshi and we are going to be cheated again in Mahakali
- I would have been the prime minister until death if I had compromised
- After Sugauli Treaty, 1816, Nepal tuned into an semi-colonial state of India
- Nepal Integration by Prithivi Naryan Shah was necessary
- If Prithivi Narayan Shan would have been alive he would have whipped off the British to New Delhi but he would have never signed the anti-national treaty of Sugauli
These are some of the highlights of Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal’s speech made in Kanchanpur January 11, 2010. He addressed a protest rally as a part of the party’s fourth round of protest program after making on the spot visit of Tanakpur Barrage. Mr. Dahal in the course of his speech also mentioned that president Dr. Ram Baran Yadav had refused to participate in the Olympics-2008 held in China after he was told not to go there by his masters. “I however, refused to honor such directives coming from outside and headed to China”, he also said.
Similarly, Mr. Mohan Baidya Kiran, Unified Maoists’ Party vice chairman said addressing a protest rally in Pashupati Nagar of Ilam that the war with India will not end until it lawfully returns all occupied Nepali lands. Mr. Baidya made this remark after making an on-the-spot observation of the India occupied territories of Nepal in Pashupati Nagar. “Our fight for independence will make our country totally free from India”, he also said. “We do not want to irritate India, however, we want to live like a sovereign citizens of a free country”, he also said.
Dr. Babu Ram Bhattarai, party’s another vice chairman who is being time and again labeled as pro-India man in the Maoists’ party also came down heavily against India. Dr. Bhattarai had arrived in Susta of Nawalparasi district to closely observe Nepali lands now under Indian occupation. He also addressed a rally. “We do not want to disturb the age-old our roti-beti relations with India, we want our lands back that’s all”, said Bhattarai. “We have always criticized expansionist attitude of the Indian ruling elites but we have no feeling of resentment against the friendly Indian people.”
Narayan Kaji Shrestha alias Prakash, yet another vice-chairman of the party visited the Laxman Pur Dam in Banke district. “India must apologize to Nepali public for constructing the Laxmanpur dam ignoring international rules and regulations”, Prakash said.