India – Kishanji’s Murder: Judicial Enquiry Demanded
Posted by hetty7 on December 6, 2011
The following piece discusses the efforts to discover the circumstances surrounding the murder of CPI(Maoist) leader Kishenji. Though justice for such a heinous crime against liberation can only occur through a revolution in India, inquiries into the matter help to further expose the brutal nature of the Indian state. Thanks to Democracy and Class Struggle for posting this. The original source is Countercurrents.
Kishanji’s Murder: Judicial Enquiry Demanded
By B D Sharma & G N Saibaba
We strongly condemn the cold-blooded murder and planned assassination of Kishanji alias Mallojula Koteswara Rao, Politburo Member of CPI (Maoist) in Burishol forest area, Paschim Midnapore District, Jangalmahal, West Bengal on November 24, 2011. At the time of his murder Kishanji was dealing with the process of peace talks through the interlocutors appointed by the Chief Minister of West Bengal Ms Mamata Banerjee. Such a heinous crime should be condemned by all justice loving people.
According CPI (Maoist) statement issued to the media on today, Kishanji was arrested and tortured and then brutally killed. The murder looks much similar to that of Azad’s in July 2010, when Azad was brutally tortured and killed while he was dealing with the Union Government’s offer of peace talks through union Home Ministry appointed interlocutor.
In these circumstances, the Joint Forces’ story of a fierce gun battle in Burishol forest of Pashim Midnapore district comes out to be a concocted one. It is significant that the mother of Kishanji, Ms. Madhuramma while maintaining it is a fake encounter has also demanded a judicial enquiry. Under the circumstances, we demand:
1. The fake encounter killing of Kishanji should be investigated by a Judicial Enquiry Committee of a sitting or retired judge of Supreme Court.
2. Immediately register a case of Murder against the police, and paramilitary personnel who have claimed to have killed Koteswara Rao alias Kishanji, Politburo member, CPI (Maoist) in Burishol Forest area, Paschim Midnapore District, Jangalmahal, West Bengal taken place on 24-11-2011.
3. All those who are suspects and involved in this coldblooded murder should temporarily be removed from office till hte Judicial Enquiry is completed.
4. Kishanji’s body should be airlifted to Hyderabad and handed over to his mother after proper post-mortem being conducted by the designated team of doctors and forensic experts not below the rank of civil surgeons.
5. Meanwhile, Kishanji’s body should be preserved with appropriate embalming.
B D Sharma – Former National Commissioner for Scheduled Castes and Tribes
G N Saibaba – Revolutionary Democratic Front (RDF)